One thing I should say about my time during this whole unfortunate process is that I've been pretty lucky. I'm not sure exactly how many interviews I've been on, but since getting laid off in December I've been on over 30. That's good and bad. On one hand, I've been impressive enough on paper to get called in, but on the other hand, I haven't been impressive enough in person to get the job. Oh well. Small victories.
Anyway, on to the point at hand. There are two things that drive me nuts as someone without a job. They're both connected. The first is that it absolutely drives me crazy when people want to talk to me about being unemployed. People saying things like, 'So what do you do with your days? It must be boring!' just makes me so angry. Thanks for reminding me! The other thing is when people send you jobs that are found incredibly easily online. For example, whenever I go to CareerBuilder, I typically search for both "journalism" and "advertising" every day and then mix and match with other keyword combinations. A friend of mine who I get the feeling is feeling sorry for me sent me a job the other day that was literally the first match when you search under "journalism." Honestly, I feel like that's sort of a slap in the face to me. It just drives me nuts.
I think tomorrow's post will be more cheerful. Thanks for paying attention, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment